Saturday, July 12, 2014

Croptop DIY...


heey guys....so as I said on my last post...I was gonna do a DIY....

Ok so as some of you might know....I do not have a sewing machine....I sew stuff using thread and needle....lol.....
a simple croptop took me hours and hours....I had to take my time and do it well with no rush cos its something I would wear out....and talking of quality also...I mean it would be something else if I didn't concentrate and do it well....

In haute couture.......they spend like 150 hours and above on just one dress.....hand sewing....I now know why...loool...
I used African prints ( Ankara)...I didn't iron it yet...just took the pictures immediately I was done....
im kinda considering a future post on how to style it ...

let me stop with the blabbing and get right on the steps... :)
if you have any questions let me know ....


stuff you'll need are:

1..a measuring tape
2... fabric
3...paper
4...a pen
5..scissors
6...sewing machine/thread and needle









   
                         First of all measure yourself...your bust and  and all...

      1...With the measurements of your bust...use it to draw a pattern ( this pattern will be a guideline to cutting the fabric)

       2....onto cutting the fabic.......those cut outs u see on the third picture are not actually four pieces ....they are 8 ........... what I did was fold my fabric into two....place the patterns on it and cut them out


 The next thing is sewing the cut outs inside out( on the wrong side)....as seen on the fourth picture

 - the fifth picture is the result after sewing out.........

- Ok so what we are supposed to do here is take the first two pieces  and sew them together......and do the same to the last two.....but the straps have to be sewn along




- Onto straps........cut and make your straps

-And then sew it inside or together with the two pieces you were supposed to join...
--- Think of it as a burger..or a sandwich...were the strap is everything in the middle ...

--After that ...sew around the edge of the fabric..... (don't sew the middle)


.--cut out the bodice....... I folded it into two....and the inserted the bust thingy's....inbetween....and sewed it....lol.....so this way I didn't have to hem the lower part of the bodice....(too much work...lol..)

And I added buttons at the back...instead of a zip






SHARE:

30 comments

  1. http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/July 13, 2014 at 6:24 AM

    Lovely post.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!! I'm currently trying to make a two piece for my sister and I'm using a similar method for the top :) Hopefully mine turns out as good as yours!! xoxo

    ♡Kudzai || NEWKIDBLOGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh!!! I love this!!
    Definitely will think of recreating this piece
    Credit will be given x

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! Your very talented girl! keep it up, I don't know if I can sew by hands only.. hehe thank you for the recent visit on blog dear. <3

    xoxo
    cassiecadiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love crop tops and your looks fabulous! Great DIY!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! it's turned out really well1 x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ei!! that look gorgeous and unique!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative. I love it!

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tutorial, def going to try this out.

    www.ironyoflhurve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post.. cute top
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post xx

    Let's keep in touch? Follow for follow?

    Laura Macij
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/07/toddjer-accessories-x-daddy-loves-me.htm

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable!!!
    www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely love that top! the pattern is so perfect!

    best,
    christie
    http://christieashley.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a cute top and so on trend!

    Tiffany / tiffanyeatworld

    ReplyDelete
  16. You dd all of dis without a sewing machine, so neat.

    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are very talented! This is amazing! You could start your own business selling these on etsy.com!

    xo
    Alexis
    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful ! This is Such an inspiration!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love that crop top! You did an AMAZING job!

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job with this crop top!! Love the print as well xx
    Just found your blog! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)

    A
    Head Enough

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your lovely comment! :)
    Just followed you back, dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I love this crop top,great tutorial. Girl you have so much patience not sure if I could do this, but you did an amazing ob.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so impressed! This is gorgeous. You could sell pieces like this. I'd so buy it :) Great job!!! Hard work goes a long way!

    TEALINHEELS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you did a great job! Love it!

    Twinvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww that is very cute. I run a sewing group and I think I might get everyone to follow this (maybe we could wear it just before summer ends). It's nice.

    https://sewmodiste.wordpress.com
    https://modisteword.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really love this! I used to make my own clothes all the time but I never seem to get enough time off to do it again (even though I do own a sewing machine :P)
    xx
    Katie - Miss Adonis

    ReplyDelete

© Style dosn't mean luxury. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig